Microsoft Excel - Foundation
The MS Excel – Foundation course is designed for a beginner. This course will provide you with an understanding of how Excel is used and the basic concepts of spreadsheets. You will be introduced to simple tasks such as; creating a spreadsheet, editing, formatting and printing a spreadsheet.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Launch Excel.
- Understand the Excel Window – differences between Tabs, Groups & Icons and the Excel Ribbon, quick access toolbar and the formula bar.
- Create a simple workbook and save the workbook
- Open and close an existing spreadsheet
- Enter data into worksheet cells and edit the data
- Select Cells, Columns, Rows and Worksheet
- Format worksheet cells using Font, Alignment, Number groups
- Move and copy cells
- Perform calculations on worksheet data using arithmetic operators (= * / -)
- Understand absolute, relative and mixed references
- Use basic functions: Sum, Average, Count, Minimise and Maximise.
- Prepare and print a worksheet